An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Quantity Surveyor based at our Leeds Office.
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 (dependent on experience) plus company car or generous car allowance, which is above the market average.
About the role
We are currently looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to enhance the current team and support projects in all commercial aspects of the business. The role will be based in Leeds but will involve visits to the projects as required. Primarily focussed within our Remediation and Civil Engineering operations but involved in all aspects of the business, this role requires someone who is dynamic and wishes to develop their career quickly and progress upward within the business.
We are looking for someone with previous contractor experience to administer the quantity surveying function on these projects. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of civil engineering including earthworks, drainage, roads and retaining wall construction and be familiar with applications, contract change management, subcontractor procurement and management, and project reporting, along with a good working knowledge of the standard construction contracts including JCT, NEC3 and NEC4.
- Review and ensure adherence to contract terms and conditions.
- Attend site as required and ensure commercial compliance is being followed.
- Ensure applications and invoices are issued on time, accurate and in adherence to the contract terms.
- Commercially manage change events for a successful outcome
- Review any debtors and assist the credit control team with any outstanding payments.
- Monthly reporting of WIP and Cost Value Reports.
- Review of weekly operational reports for commercial tracking
- Provide contractual and commercial assistance on projects, including attending progress meetings and assisting with programme management under NEC projects.
- Commercially manage subcontractors. - Placing of orders and certification of applications, management of change and agreement of the final accounts.
- Resolve any client financial or contractual issues and dispute and Final Account projects.
- Control WIP levels and review monthly.
- Review and control monthly Gross Profit report to ensure accurate costs and revenues.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
Our commitment to your career development
We are committed to developing your knowledge and understanding by exposing you to as much variance within our business operations as possible. You will also learn from peer experience, training via structured courses and one to one as is required, meaning this role is a fantastic opportunity for you to advance rapidly with our organisation if you wish to do so.
- Experience in civil engineering, groundworks, or land remediation would be advantageous
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar industry recognised qualification
- 3 years plus, post graduate experience, ideally on site
- Understanding of the implications of health and safety regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- Good written and verbal communication skills and professional manner
- To be able to demonstrate financial and commercial acumen for value and cost management
- Have good organisational skills and be able to multi-task and re-prioritize, whilst maintaining an attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team
Rhodar Ltd is a leading specialist enabling works provider. We are a market leader in the asbestos removal, demolition, and land remediation industries. We have also recently added fire protection to our portfolio of services.
Supported by over 450 employees at 14 facilities nationwide, our highly trained teams are trusted by major corporations to offer a specialist enabling works solutions covering our core disciplines either individually or collectively across both public and private sectors.
The scale of our projects range from multi-million-pound regeneration works combining our 3 core specialisms to domestic support for insurance clients and housing associations.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Annual pay review
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car allowance/company car
- Private medical insurance
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Investors in People recognition – 2015, 2019 and 2022
- Access to mental health first aiders
- Opportunities to partake in volunteer work and charity events
- Flexible start and finish times
- Eyecare vouchers
We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our employees to reach their full potential. If you are interested in joining an ambitious forward-thinking business with great opportunities for career development, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
We will keep your application on file for six months and we will consider you for future roles within the organisation during this time. Your information will be deleted after six-months. If you wish to be considered for roles after this point, then you will need to re-apply.
The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to R2@rhodar.co.uk
- Administrator - Fire Protection
- Administrator - Bid
- Estimator - Passive Fire Protection
- Junior/Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Supervisor
- Fire Protection Supervisor
- Fire Protection Operative
- Contracts Administrator
- Procurement Administrator
- Contracts Supervisor
- Contracts Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Operatives