Fire Protection Supervisor
We are looking to recruit an experienced Passive Fire Protection Supervisor to join our team in Leeds.
Pay: £160 per day.
About the role
Supervisor for Passive Fire Protection in the UK is a key role responsible for overseeing the implementation and execution of passive fire protection projects. The Supervisor will lead a team of technicians and workers, ensuring that all passive fire protection installations are carried out efficiently, safely, and in compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards. This position requires strong leadership skills, technical expertise in passive fire protection systems, and the ability to manage teams effectively.
- Project Supervision:
- Lead and supervise a team of technicians and workers involved in passive fire protection projects.
- Provide clear instructions and guidance to the team to ensure that work is carried out according to project specifications and quality standards.
- Monitor project progress and address any issues or challenges that arise during the installation process.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure that all passive fire protection installations comply with UK fire safety regulations, building codes, and industry standards.
- Implement and enforce quality control measures to maintain the highest standard of workmanship in passive fire protection systems.
- Conduct regular inspections to verify compliance and identify and rectify any non-conformances.
- Health and Safety:
- Promote and enforce strict adherence to health and safety protocols on project sites.
- Conduct safety briefings and ensure that all team members are aware of and follow safety procedures.
- Identify potential hazards and implement appropriate safety measures to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Material and Resource Management:
- Coordinate with the procurement team to ensure the availability of required materials and equipment for the smooth execution of passive fire protection projects.
- Monitor resource allocation and utilization to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of project activities, including work progress, materials used, and any issues encountered.
- Prepare regular progress reports for higher management and provide updates on project status.
- Stakeholder Communication:
- Collaborate with the Contracts Manager, clients, and other stakeholders to facilitate effective communication and address any project-related concerns or queries.
- Act as a point of contact for the project team, responding to questions and providing necessary support.
- Training and Development:
- Identify training needs within the team and organize appropriate training sessions to enhance technical skills and knowledge of passive fire protection systems.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Continuously review project processes and procedures, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing best practices.
- Stay updated on the latest developments and innovations in passive fire protection technologies and methodologies.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ industry experience
- Full driving licence
- Minimum Level 2 in Passive Fire Protection
- CSCS Card
- IT literate
- Flexibility with regard to working hours and working away.
- Proven experience in a supervisory role within the construction industry, preferably with a focus on passive fire protection projects of up to 10 people.
- Commitment to training and developing team members.
- In-depth knowledge of UK fire safety regulations, building codes, and industry standards related to passive fire protection.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage a team and collaborate with various stakeholders and build relationships with clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with project management tools and software is advantageous.
- FIRAS, IFC or equivalent assessment is desirable
- PASMA is desirable
- IPAF is desirable
- Confined spaces is desirable
Rhodar is a leading specialist enabling works provider. We are a market leader in the asbestos removal, demolition, and land remediation industries. We have also recently added fire protection to our portfolio of services.
Supported by over 450 employees at 14 facilities nationwide, our highly trained teams are trusted by major corporations to offer a specialist enabling works solutions covering our core disciplines either individually or collectively across both public and private sectors.
The scale of our projects range from multi-million-pound regeneration works combining our 3 core specialisms to domestic support for insurance clients and housing associations.
Our Homework’s division specialise in asbestos management for all our domestic and insurance clients.
You can read more about the work we do at www.rhodar.co.uk, or you can view a video overview of our services at
- Allowances for working weekends, nights and working away
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Investors in People recognition – 2015, 2019 and 2022
- Access to mental health first aiders
We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our employees to reach their full potential. If you are interested in joining an ambitious forward-thinking business with great opportunities for career development, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
We will keep your application on file for six months and we will consider you for future roles within the organisation during this time. Your information will be deleted after six-months. If you wish to be considered for roles after this point, then you will need to re-apply.
The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
- Administrator - Fire Protection
- Administrator - Bid
- Estimator - Passive Fire Protection
- Junior/Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Supervisor
- Fire Protection Supervisor
- Fire Protection Operative
- Contracts Administrator
- Procurement Administrator
- Contracts Supervisor
- Contracts Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Operatives