Fire Protection Operative
We are looking to recruit an experienced Fire Stopping Operative to join our Passive Fire Protection Division in Leeds.
Day rate: £150 per day
About the role
Operative for Passive Fire Protection in the UK is a vital role responsible for the installation and maintenance of all passive fire protection systems. The Operative will work as part of a team and be expected to work alone at times and be involved in various construction projects to ensure that passive fire protection measures are installed correctly and in compliance with manufacturers specifications. This position requires technical skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Installation and Maintenance:
- Carry out the installation, repair, and maintenance of passive fire protection systems, including fire-rated walls, doors, firestopping, and other fire-resistant materials.
- Follow project plans, drawings, and specifications to ensure accurate and precise installations.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure that all passive fire protection installations comply with relevant manufacturers tested details, UK fire safety regulations, building codes, and industry standards.
- Implement quality control measures to maintain the highest standard of workmanship in passive fire protection systems.
- Conduct regular inspections and checks to verify compliance and address any non-conformances.
- Health and Safety:
- Strictly adhere to health and safety protocols and guidelines on project sites.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required and follow safety procedures to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Material Handling:
- Assist in the transportation and handling of materials, equipment, and tools needed for passive fire protection installations.
- Ensure proper storage and organization of materials on site.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of work activities, materials used, and any issues encountered during installations or repairs.
- Report progress and any concerns to the Supervisor or project lead.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with other team members and the Supervisor to ensure effective communication and coordination of work activities.
- Follow instructions and seek clarification when necessary to ensure tasks are performed correctly.
- Training and Development:
- Participate in training sessions to enhance technical skills and knowledge of passive fire protection systems.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Actively seek opportunities for learning and development to improve performance and contribute to the success of the team and projects.
Qualifications and requirements:
- NVQ Level 2
- FIRAS, IFC or equivalent assessment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within the passive fire protection industry.
- Knowledge of UK fire safety regulations and basic understanding of passive fire protection systems is advantageous.
- Physical fitness and ability to work in various weather conditions and construction environments.
- Flexibility in regards to working hours and working away.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow technical plans and instructions accurately.
- Basic communication skills to interact with team members and follow instructions.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Full driving licence is desirable.
- PASMA is desirable.
- IPAF is desirable.
Rhodar is a leading specialist enabling works provider. We are a market leader in the asbestos removal, demolition, and land remediation industries. We have also recently added fire protection to our portfolio of services.
Supported by over 450 employees at 14 facilities nationwide, our highly trained teams are trusted by major corporations to offer a specialist enabling works solutions covering our core disciplines either individually or collectively across both public and private sectors.
The scale of our projects range from multi-million-pound regeneration works combining our 3 core specialisms to domestic support for insurance clients and housing associations.
Our Homework’s division specialise in asbestos management for all our domestic and insurance clients.
You can read more about the work we do at www.rhodar.co.uk, or you can view a video overview of our services at
- Allowances for working weekends, nights and working away
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Investors in People recognition – 2015, 2019 and 2022
- Access to mental health first aiders
We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our employees to reach their full potential. If you are interested in joining an ambitious forward-thinking business with great opportunities for career development, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
We will keep your application on file for six months and we will consider you for future roles within the organisation during this time. Your information will be deleted after six-months. If you wish to be considered for roles after this point, then you will need to re-apply.
The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
- Administrator - Fire Protection
- Administrator - Bid
- Estimator - Passive Fire Protection
- Junior/Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Supervisor
- Fire Protection Supervisor
- Fire Protection Operative
- Contracts Administrator
- Procurement Administrator
- Contracts Supervisor
- Contracts Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Operatives