Estimator - Passive Fire Protection
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Passive Fire Protection team as an Estimator.
Salary: Up to £35,000 (dependent on experience), plus company car.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Estimator to join our Passive Fire Protection division. The Estimator will play a pivotal role in assessing project requirements, analysing costs, and preparing accurate estimates for passive fire protection works. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of passive fire protection materials and techniques, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with project managers and clients to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Project Assessment: Conduct thorough evaluations of project specifications, drawings, and site conditions to understand the scope and requirements for passive fire protection.
- Estimation: Prepare accurate cost estimates for materials, labour, equipment, and subcontractor services required for passive fire protection projects.
- Bid Preparation: Collaborate with the bidding team to develop competitive and compelling bid proposals, ensuring compliance with client requirements and industry standards.
- Vendor and Supplier Relations: Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, and manufacturers to obtain competitive pricing and ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Cost Analysis: Analyse and review project costs, identifying potential cost-saving opportunities and recommending value engineering options.
- Documentation: Maintain organized and comprehensive project documentation, including estimates, change orders, and correspondence with clients and suppliers.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay up-to-date with local and national building codes, fire protection regulations, and industry best practices to ensure project compliance.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure seamless project transitions from estimation to execution.
- Client Communication: Interact with clients to clarify project requirements, discuss cost estimates, and address any inquiries or concerns.
- CAD experience is advantageous.
- Proven experience as an estimator in the passive fire protection sector or a related construction field.
- Strong knowledge of passive fire protection systems, materials, and installation techniques.
- Proficiency in estimating software and tools.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in estimating.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with industry codes and regulations.
- Relevant certifications are advantageous.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to project sites when necessary.
Rhodar is a leading specialist enabling works provider. We are a market leader in the asbestos removal, demolition, and land remediation industries. We have also recently added fire protection to our portfolio of services.
Supported by over 450 employees at 14 facilities nationwide, our highly trained teams are trusted by major corporations to offer a specialist enabling works solutions covering our core disciplines either individually or collectively across both public and private sectors.
The scale of our projects range from multi-million-pound regeneration works combining our 3 core specialisms to domestic support for insurance clients and housing associations.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Annual pay review
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car allowance/company car
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Investors in People recognition – 2015, 2019 and 2022
- Access to mental health first aiders
- Opportunities to partake in volunteer work and charity events
- Flexible start and finish times
- Eyecare vouchers
We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our employees to reach their full potential. If you are interested in joining an ambitious forward-thinking business with great opportunities for career development, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
We will keep your application on file for six months and we will consider you for future roles within the organisation during this time. Your information will be deleted after six-months. If you wish to be considered for roles after this point, then you will need to re-apply.
The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to R2@rhodar.co.uk
- Administrator - Fire Protection
- Administrator - Bid
- Estimator - Passive Fire Protection
- Junior/Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Supervisor
- Fire Protection Supervisor
- Fire Protection Operative
- Contracts Administrator
- Procurement Administrator
- Contracts Supervisor
- Contracts Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Operatives