An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Passive Fire Protection team as a Contracts Manager, working at our Leeds office.
Salary: up to £65,000 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience)
About the role
As Contracts Manager you will collaborate with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, and internal teams, to ensure successful project execution, compliance with regulations, and adherence to quality standards. The primary objective is to deliver projects on time, within budget, and in compliance with relevant industry standards and legal requirements.
- Project Management:
- Plan, execute, and monitor multiple passive fire protection projects simultaneously, ensuring they are delivered within the agreed timeframes and budget.
- Review project proposals, contracts, and specifications to establish project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain project schedules / Including programming, monitoring progress and addressing any deviations or issues promptly.
- Conduct regular site visits to inspect project progress and ensure compliance with fire safety regulations and quality standards.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Create positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, and other Parties to promote effective collaboration throughout the project lifecycle.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients, addressing any concerns, variations, or additional requirements in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinate with various internal departments, including procurement, compliance, and finance, to ensure smooth project operations.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure all passive fire protection projects comply with relevant UK fire safety regulations, building codes, and industry standards.
- Implement quality control measures to maintain the highest standard of workmanship and passive fire protection systems.
- Conduct regular quality audits to identify and rectify any non-conformances.
- Health and Safety:
- Champion a safety-first culture and enforce strict adherence to health and safety protocols on all project sites.
- Conduct safety inspections and risk assessments to identify potential hazards and implement appropriate control measures.
- Financial Management:
- Manage project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and cost control measures to ensure projects remain within financial targets.
- Collaborate with the finance team to prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies in project management and execution.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, new technologies, and best practices in passive fire protection.
Qualifications and requirements:
- NVQ level 2 in Passive Fire Protection.
- CSCS Card
- Must be FIRAS, IFC or equivalent assessed and understand the audit process.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Contracts Management within the passive fire protection industry.
- Proven experience in managing passive fire protection projects, preferably in the UK construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of UK fire safety regulations, building codes, and industry standards related to passive fire protection.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for effective stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and a track record of successfully leading project teams.
- Proficient in using project management tools, software, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Relevant certificates in Passive fire safety, project management, Manufacturer Training or related fields are desirable.
Rhodar Ltd is a leading specialist enabling works provider. We are a market leader in the asbestos removal, demolition, and land remediation industries. We have also recently added fire protection to our portfolio of services.
Supported by over 450 employees at 14 facilities nationwide, our highly trained teams are trusted by major corporations to offer a specialist enabling works solutions covering our core disciplines either individually or collectively across both public and private sectors.
The scale of our projects range from multi-million-pound regeneration works combining our 3 core specialisms to domestic support for insurance clients and housing associations.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Annual pay review
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Company car or car allowance
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Investors in People recognition – 2015, 2019 and 2022
- Access to mental health first aiders
- Opportunities to partake in volunteer work and charity events
- Eyecare vouchers
We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our employees to reach their full potential. If you are interested in joining an ambitious forward-thinking business with great opportunities for career development, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
We will keep your application on file for six months and we will consider you for future roles within the organisation during this time. Your information will be deleted after six-months. If you wish to be considered for roles after this point, then you will need to re-apply.
The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator - Fire Protection
- Administrator - Bid
- Estimator - Passive Fire Protection
- Junior/Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Supervisor
- Fire Protection Supervisor
- Fire Protection Operative
- Contracts Administrator
- Procurement Administrator
- Contracts Supervisor
- Contracts Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Asbestos Removal Operatives